With the changing requirements of the industry, the Textiles Committee has reoriented its role from that of a regulatory body to a developmental agency. In order to develop the Indian textile industry in meeting the challenges of the liberalized era, the Textiles Committee has embarked on its mission of capacity building of the industry by rendering consultancy services in the multi management standards.
Consultancy and providing handholding support in the implementation of ISO 9000 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14000 Environmental Management Systems, OHSAS 18000 Health and safety Assessment systems, SA 8000 Social Accountability Standards, BSCI, WRAP, C-TPAT, SEDEX etc.
Resources & Uniqueness
- Network of Regional Offices all over the country with Head office at Mumbai.
- Officials trained in both Lead Assessor Course by BSIQA, UK and Certified Quality Engineer Course by RWTUV, Germany.
- Officials trained in ISO-14000 EMS.
- Officials trained in Train the Trainer Programme, Twin Metric Process Control and Design of Experiments by Donald Marquardt Associates, USA.
- Personnel with basic qualification in Textiles.
- Specialized manpower in statistics, Inspection and Testing.
- Faculty equipment to train in vernacular languages, which is a unique facility.
- Institutionalization and sustainability of stem with self reliance even after completion of consultancy.
Forms: Customer Enlistment Form54.51 KB
So far more than 600 units have availed the services of the Committee in the above standards.
For details contact :
(Govt. of India, Ministry of Textiles)
P. Balu Road, Prabhadevi Chowk’
Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025.
Tel. No. 66527521/60/61/62/70/71,
Fax: 66527561 E-mail: tqm[dot]tc[at]nic.in